Friday 28 June 2013

Where did the summer go?We waited months for spring...then summer...and now its turned into autumn.
Global warming is to blame,of course ,but humankind are to blame for global warming.
I remember years ago reading about Prince Charles and his eco-war...i thought he was a nutjob.
If only more people listened then, the planet might stand a better chance.We can only hope.

On a lighter note-my plots looking good-tho wet. Dont forget its name- Bog End.
Ive got cauliflowers (tho some have bolted,still taste good tho). my brussel sprouts,green and red cabbages are all looking good.
Sweetcorn's growing fast and so are my broad beans (tho i stupidly thought they were runner beans and thought they tasted funky-haha) Peas are growing but not as quickly as i hoped.
My turnips have seeded - no idea why,so they have to come up.Think i'l leave them in tho,cos the bed looks fuller.

Ive had loads of lettuce and radishes-so easy to grow. Ive got potatoes everywhere..in the ground,in bags and even an old wheelbarrow.
Strawberries are tiny green fruits-i blame the weather.Shouldve left them in the greenhouse-speaking of which-is over run with tomatoes ,courgettes and spaghetti squash-like 'day of the triffids'-haha.
Even had a frog in there.

Ive also got a beetroot patch which seems to be working out well.
Went to my plot to weed today....where do they come from?
Was there a couple of hours and got rained off.Was wearing the wrong clothes,no hood on my jacket so my glasses were dripping and steamed up which meant i could no longer see.Fely like Mr.Magoo.
I also intended to dig up my garlic and red onions.They are my pride and joy-put them in last winter and theyve done me proud.Just need to get them up-and soon.

Ive got blackcurrants galore..gooseberrys,raspberrys even a gojiberry plant.Not expecting much from the latter in its first year tho.
At the back of my plot is my personal space.A patio with my fruit trees -plum,cherry and pears.
Will have a go at more chutney again and maybe even some jam later on.
Hope we have some sun soon.The rains good but we need sun to set everything off at a gallop now.
Happy gardening.





No comments:

Post a Comment