Friday 27 September 2013

well - its officially autumn. the weather is cooler , so i get more done.unfortunately,we dont get as many light hours.
my allotment is winding down now.the only produce i have left to pick are a few beans,tomatoes,leeks and kale.

ive cut down my peas and most of my green beans (making sure to leave the roots in to rot down)
theres still weeds popping up, tho not as much as usual.its looking quite sad actually.


my game plan for next year has changed.im not planting anything over the winter except for green manure in my greenhouse and my huge bag of spare compost (almost a tonne).il cover the beds with tarp instead.

as you know,my first year was a washout so this year i bunged in anything i could-resulting in stuff i dont usually eat so gave alot away.
ive made a list of what im planting and im sticking to it_hopefully.

yesterday i picked  a few goodies -ive got an over abundance of spaghetti squash (not impressed) so they will become mini jack-o-lanterns for halloween.
ive been lucky with butternut squash too.

ive got 3 small pumkins to carve too.one is still in the ground but will be coming up soon.
today is lovely and sunny. rain was forecast but they got it wrong so il get my gear on and get to my plot.make the most of the sunshine.
il also take a walk around our site and see whos about.our site is the biggest in the north-west and were getting more new plot holders all the time.

i wish i was as interested in my little garden at home.its gone to pot since i got my allotment-its tidy but very sad.also we lost our beloved dog Dillon around the time i got the plot..he never got to visit-he wouldve loved it..
happy gardening....

No comments:

Post a Comment